Do you know what is a difference between a hotel and a motel? Have you ever been in the situation when you couldn’t decide whether it is better to book a room in a hotel or a room in a motel? Are you going to travel to the USA soon? If you have at least one positive answer to the questions above, you must read this article to make your future trip as comfortable as possible and to eliminate any booking mistakes.
So, what is the difference between a hotel and a motel? And what is better?
These two notions have 3 different aspects – signage, building style, and amenities. When it comes to motels, don’t stay in places which are called «Motel» only. Find a motel with an actual signage and a mentioned price. Contrary to this, hotels never advertise their prices on the signboard. The motels don’t have walls between the hallway and the outside. And they are not very tall and big. Hotels usually offer a continental breakfast as a standard proposition. Motels don’t have it at all. The only thing you can get for breakfast in a motel is a cup of coffee from a coffee maker. And most hotels have swimming pools and gyms, which are absent in any motel.
So, now when we know the main difference between a hotel and a motel, let’s look at the best places to stay in the USA.
Top Hotels and Motels in the USA
- Waldorf Astoria, Chicago. The hotel is situated on the banks of the lake and offers a full spectre of entertainments for relaxation and rejuvenation. Main amenities include an indoor pool, full-service spa, free area shuttle, and 24-hour fitness center. The hotel accepts cash and credit cards.
- Auberge du Soleil, Napa Valley. It is a calm and cozy place for those who want to enjoy the nature and fully relax. Here you get an outdoor pool, garden, health club, etc.
- French Quarter Inn, South Carolina. It is a luxurious place for those who appreciate the comfort and beautiful design.
- The Resort at Pelican Hill, California. This is a true paradise for people who want to enjoy fresh air, bright green landscapes, and the sound of water. Beautiful place with excellent amenities.
- Congress Plaza Hotel, Chicago A huge complex with 850+ guest rooms and multiple services.
- Wigwam Motel, Arizona. The motel is situated on the famous Route 66 and offers a wigwam as a room. Very authentic and interesting.
- Dog Bark Park Inn, Idaho. This motel looks like a real dog. It is not only a fun place but also a comfortable one. Here you can get a breakfast as a bonus.
- The Shady Dell, Arizona. It is a set of trailers for any taste. Vintage atmosphere is guaranteed.
- South of the Border Motel, South Carolina. This is a motel, which gives a feeling of Mexico in the USA.
- El Trovatore Motel, Arizona. If you want to feel yourself a Hollywood star, visit El Trovatore Motel in Arizona. All rooms are themed after famous Hollywood icons.